Proposal 3, known as the 25% by 2025 (25×25) ballot initiative, would amend the state’s constitution by requiring electricity providers to obtain by 2025 at least 25% of their electricity from renewable energy sources. A constitutional amendment of this nature raises numerous technical, legal, social, and eco-nomic issues.
For more information, contact Ken Sikkema (email@example.com or by phone at 517-484-4954).
A copy of the full report is available below.
- Political winds bolster bridge, fuel-tax review, but not renewable energy (MLive.com, 11/8/12)
- PRO AND CON — No: State can’t afford costly energy mandate (HollandSentinel.com, 10/30/12)
- Locals join Sikkema to oppose renewable energy proposal (WKZO.com, 10/24/12)
- Let it Rip: Proposal 3 and who won the vice-presidential debate (myFoxNewsDetroit.com, 10/12/12)
- Environmental groups, manufacturers join drive to pass alternative-energy ballot proposal (Crain’s Detroit Business, 10/4/12)