Classification: Full-time employment; exempt from overtime
Reports To: Michigan Saves Director of Outreach
Summary: The contractor account manager will work directly for Michigan Saves, a clean energy financing nonprofit staffed by Public Sector Consultants. This individual is responsible for managing relationships between authorized contractors and Michigan Saves with the goal of developing deeper connections and increasing contractors’ use of Michigan Saves financing services.
- Help Michigan Saves identify companies that offer energy improvements to their customers, and introduce and encourage the use of Michigan Saves financing programs
- Help contractors increase sales using Michigan Saves financing as support for their customer service needs
- Call on contractors and contractor sales representatives within the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning; home remodeling; commercial lighting; solar photovoltaic; and geothermal industries and encourage them to join the Michigan Saves authorized contractor network
- Network and build relationships with contractors, utilities, and lenders across the state of Michigan
- Communicate Michigan Saves’ strong value proposition to contractors, train sales personnel to utilize Michigan Saves financing, and develop and grow new contractor accounts
- Identify contractor training needs and select appropriate instructional procedures or methods, such as individual education, group instruction, and computer-based training
- Discuss Michigan Saves programs at conferences, seminars, and other industry events
- Submit weekly activity and progress reports to management
Characteristics of High Performance
- Collaborates with staff and contractors to identify needs and opportunities and create solutions in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment with diverse people and projects
- Utilizes sound judgment and demonstrates initiative, critical thinking, and creativity to generate ideas for work approaches, presentation of information, and issue resolution
- Performs tasks and assignments in a timely and consistent manner with high accuracy and attention to detail
- Takes responsibility to manage workload effectively while engaged in multiple projects concurrently
- Is committed to exceptional customer service
- Consistently exceeds sales goals and program growth targets by growing and maintaining relationships with contractor base within the assigned geographical area of responsibility
- A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred, with a minimum of five years of experience in contractor sales and/or account management
- Knowledge and experience with energy-efficiency and/or renewable energy improvements in residential and commercial markets preferred but not required
- Must have excellent communication, customer service, networking, and presentation skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be flexible, innovative, and possess the ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong financial/business insight
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends to support contractors and local events
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal and drug screening
- Building Performance Institute; Residential Energy Services Network; American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air-conditioning Engineers; Association of Energy Engineers; or other certifications preferred but not required
This position requires extensive travel throughout Michigan and the employee will spend significant time driving in both rural and urban areas. When not driving, work is primarily performed in an indoor, environmentally controlled office setting. Limited airline travel is required. There is potential to work from a home or remote office a portion of the time. The nature of the work has frequent interruptions, contact with the public and clients, and performance of repetitive tasks. The position requires strong communication skills. While the employee may be required to work beyond normal working hours, Public Sector Consultants (PSC) strives for staff to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Eligibility for annual company bonus
- Competitive medical, dental, life, disability, voluntary vision, and voluntary legal insurance plans
- Company 401(k) contribution
- Paid sick and vacation leave granted upon start date
- Eleven paid holidays per year
- YMCA membership
- Parking pass for downtown Lansing or Smart Commute incentive
To Apply for this Position
Submit a cover letter and resume by clicking on “Apply” below. All materials must be submitted as PDF or Word documents. Applications must be submitted by Monday, June 24, 2019.
If you have trouble with the upload page or have questions about the position, please email: email@example.com.
About Michigan Saves
Michigan Saves is a nonprofit dedicated to making energy improvements easier for all Michigan energy consumers. To accomplish this, Michigan Saves operates as a green bank, making affordable financing and incentives available through grants and partnerships with private sector lenders and energy providers. Michigan Saves also authorizes and monitors a network of contractors and recognizes those with advanced training while providing technical assistance for customers and contractors alike. The organization’s current portfolio includes programs for residential, commercial, and municipal customers, and supports energy-efficiency, geothermal, and solar PV projects.
About the Firm
Public Sector Consultants is an objective, nonpartisan research and consulting firm. Our services have been used to advance innovative solutions to all kinds of difficult public policy challenges in Michigan and beyond. Offering a full suite of services in research, implementation, facilitation, and evaluation, PSC has helped hundreds of local, state, and federal government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and private businesses. Since our founding in 1979, PSC has built a reputation as the consulting firm of choice for anyone working to better people’s lives.
Why join our team?
PSCers take great pride in the fact that we write well, think clearly, and can speak articulately (albeit sometimes a little too long) about all kinds of topics. We are scholars and athletes, number crunchers and poets, big thinkers and meticulous doers, fierce introverts and charismatic extroverts. While we all share an unwavering commitment to excellence, we also celebrate—and enjoy kidding each other about—our eccentricities. PSC is that rare place where you can be true to yourself and your passions while still working collectively toward an important and common goal—making a difference for our clients and the people we serve.
At PSC, we understand that we benefit from the sum of our individual differences, self-expression, and life experiences. Our clients also benefit from having access to different perspectives and a broad range of problem-solving approaches. We encourage openness and inclusivity, and invite any dedicated and hardworking person who commits to our mission, vision, and values to explore joining our team.
Want to know more? Hear from our staff why PSC is a great place to work.
It is the policy of Public Sector Consultants to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Employees are selected based on ability or assessed potential to meet the needs of PSC and the specific job requirements as stated in the job description. In addition, PSC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.