Classification: Full-time employment; exempt from overtime
Reports To: Senior Consultant
Summary: The research associate provides project coordination support to the Catamaran project and other projects as assigned in the talent and economics team; conducts research for the firm and its clients; contributes to the development of proposals and reports related to evaluation of local, state, and national policies and programs; and more.
- Provides support to colleagues for client deliverables, including scheduling and managing meetings, coordinating projects, reviewing data, tracking project deliverables by utilizing internal processes and tools, and assisting with administrative tasks related to large meeting or training webinar set up
- Provides support to colleagues with client deliverables, including conducting, translating, and analyzing public policy research, primarily in content areas related to education and economic development
- Provides support to colleagues with client deliverables, including minor formatting of technical documents, directing edits, managing and tracking production requests, and conducting training using documents and materials created
- Supports planning and facilitation of meetings, focus groups, training, and events
- Contributes to maintaining and cultivating new business through project coordination and supporting proposal writing
- Supports project management by maintaining timelines, managing assigned tasks, and collaborating with team members to ensure that high-quality project deliverables are completed on time and on budget
Characteristics of High Performance
- Collaborates with staff and clients in a fast-paced office with diverse people and projects
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills
- Performs tasks and assignments in a timely and consistent manner with high accuracy and attention to detail
- Manages workload effectively while engaged in multiple projects concurrently
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related to education or public policy; at least two years of work experience preferred
- Qualitative research and writing skills with the ability to interpret data
- Project coordination experience
- Demonstrated experience performing comparable duties
- Knowledge of and interest in education policy and/or related public policy topics
- Competency using meeting and webinar technology
- Competency using Microsoft Office suite, including Access, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; experience with other software (e.g., Tableau, SPSS, Qualtrics, etc.) is desirable, but not required
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Eligibility for annual company bonus
- Competitive medical, dental, life, disability, voluntary vision, and voluntary legal insurance plans
- Company 401(k) contribution
- Paid sick and vacation leave granted upon start date
- Eleven paid holidays per year
- YMCA membership
- Parking pass for downtown Lansing or Smart Commute incentive
Work is primarily performed in an indoor, environmentally controlled office setting with extended periods (approximately eight hours or more a day) at a computer, on the telephone, sitting, or standing. The nature of the work has frequent interruptions and requires contact with the public and clients, performance of repetitive tasks, and strong communication skills. While the employee may be required to work beyond normal working hours, Public Sector Consultants (PSC) strives for staff to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
To Apply for this Position
Submit a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample by clicking on “Apply” below. All materials must be submitted as PDF or Word documents. Applications must be submitted by August 18, 2018.
If you have trouble with the upload page or have questions about the position, please email: email@example.com.
About the Firm
Public Sector Consultants is an objective, nonpartisan research and consulting firm. Our services have been used to advance innovative solutions to all kinds of difficult public policy challenges in Michigan and beyond. Offering a full suite of services in research, implementation, facilitation, and evaluation, PSC has helped hundreds of local, state, and federal government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and private businesses. Since our founding in 1979, PSC has built a reputation as the consulting firm of choice for anyone working to better people’s lives.
Why join our team?
PSCers take great pride in the fact that we write well, think clearly, and can speak articulately (albeit sometimes a little too long) about all kinds of topics. We are scholars and athletes, number crunchers and poets, big thinkers and meticulous doers, fierce introverts and charismatic extroverts. While we all share an unwavering commitment to excellence, we also celebrate—and enjoy kidding each other about—our eccentricities. PSC is that rare place where you can be true to yourself and your passions while still working collectively toward an important and common goal—making a difference for our clients and the people we serve.
At PSC, we understand that we benefit from the sum of our individual differences, self-expression, and life experiences. Our clients also benefit from having access to different perspectives and a broad range of problem-solving approaches. We encourage openness and inclusivity, and invite any dedicated and hardworking person who commits to our mission, vision, and values to explore joining our team.
Want to know more? Hear from our staff why PSC is a great place to work.
It is the policy of Public Sector Consultants to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Employees are selected based on ability or assessed potential to meet the needs of PSC and the specific job requirements as stated in the job description. In addition, PSC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.