Content Marketer Job Posting
Classification: Full‐time employment; exempt from overtime
Reports To: Director of Content Strategy
Summary: The content marketer conceives and produces a wide range of marketing assets, campaigns, and strategy documents to support the work of the company and its clients, particularly focused on local, state, and national policy efforts. This individual will support and execute on digital strategy, social media planning and implementation, and basic Web editing. They will imagine, develop, and produce engaging written content; translate abstract public policy concepts into compelling, digestible copy; plan and participate in client meetings; perform some administrative tasks; and more.
- Develop effective, compelling, high‐quality marketing and communication deliverables that align with strategy and stakeholder objectives, including brand standards and tone
- Manage multiple projects concurrently to produce high‐quality project deliverables completed on time and on budget
- Operate in support and leadership roles across a variety of projects (e.g., website development, copywriting, research, etc.) in diverse content areas (e.g., health, energy, economics, environment, education, etc.)
- Work with the marketing and communications team to elevate the firm’s capacity to deliver sophisticated and effective campaigns, specifically through social media, content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO) strategy and evaluation, video production, and effective positioning of content and other digital assets to measurably increase their impact
- Drive continual process improvements and implement best practices to manage clients and projects efficiently and effectively
- Conceive and develop broad‐based, sharp, and useful marketing materials, including digital and print collateral, email campaigns, videos, and website concepts and content
- Support new and existing business by identifying project opportunities, engaging with prospective clients, and drafting project proposals and pitches
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with a variety of clients and contractors
Characteristics of High Performance
- Collaborates with staff and clients in a fast‐paced office with diverse people and projects
- Demonstrates initiative, critical thinking, creativity, and sound judgment to generate ideas for campaigns, work approaches, presentation of information, and issue resolution
- Assumes responsibility for assigned tasks and performs duties utilizing independent judgment and sound decision‐making skills to ensure high‐quality project deliverables that meet or exceed the firm’s expectations
- Effectively manages more than one project deliverable at a time
- Performs tasks and assignments in a timely and consistent manner, with high accuracy and attention to detail, seeking clarification when appropriate
- Listens to colleagues with the intent to learn and grow, applying skills and suggestions learned from peers and supervisors and sharing those skills with colleagues for personal growth
- A combination of work experience and/or an education in a relevant field such as marketing, advertising, journalism, public relations, communications, etc.
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience performing comparable duties is required
- Ability to write in a clear, concise, and focused manner
- Ability to communicate superbly to clients and employees
- Ability to deal competently with several tasks at once and complete tasks in a timely, professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to manage, mentor, and collaborate with staff and clients
- Knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics, and digital strategy techniques
- Ability to create and update digital tools and websites, particularly in WordPress
- Strong competency using Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; experience with other software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, video editing software) is desirable, but not required
Public Sector Consultants has a flexible work location policy that allows employees the ability to work from a location that best meets their personal needs while also balancing the needs of the firm. Work is primarily performed indoors, with extended periods (approximately eight hours or more a day) at a computer or on the telephone. The nature of the work has frequent interruptions and requires contact with the public and clients, performance of repetitive tasks, and strong communication skills. While the employee may be required to work beyond traditional business hours, PSC strives for staff to maintain a healthy work‐life balance.
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Eligibility for company profit share
- Competitive medical, dental, life, disability, voluntary vision, and voluntary legal insurance plans
- Company 401(k) contribution
- Paid time off granted upon start date
- Eleven paid holidays per year
- YMCA membership
PSC is an objective, nonpartisan research and consulting firm. Our services have been used to advance innovative solutions to all kinds of difficult public policy challenges in Michigan and beyond. Offering a full suite of services in research, implementation, facilitation, and evaluation, PSC has helped hundreds of local, state, and federal government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and private businesses. PSC strives for excellence in relationships with both clients and colleagues. These efforts have resulted in PSC receiving numerous awards; the most recent include being recognized as one of the Detroit Free Press Top Workplaces in 2020 and receiving the 2021 Outstanding Small Business Award from the Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce. Since our founding in 1979, PSC has built a reputation as the consulting firm of choice for anyone working to better people’s lives.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and media sample (e.g., written article, video, website, etc.) through the job posting on our website: www.publicsectorconsultants.com/careers. All materials must be submitted as PDF or Word documents. Applications must be submitted by Sunday, September 26, 2021. If you have trouble with the upload page or have questions about the position, please email Laura Stoken, PSC’s director of administration: firstname.lastname@example.org.